We prepare a detailed bill of costs for approval by you within 10 working days (times for larger files may vary and will be advised accordingly). Once approved, the Bill of Costs is returned to us and depending on whether the original matter was litigated or not, we proceed as follows:
- Service of Notice of Commencement immediately.
- Points of Dispute due within 21 days if costs not agreed.
- Claimant Replies will be prepared, served, Detailed Assessment hearing requested or will be prepared if no interim payment has been received within five working days of receipt of Points of Dispute.
- Service of Bill of Costs to be agreed within 21 days.
- If not agreed, Part 8 Proceedings will be issued.
Precedent H Instruction for the preparation of a Precedent H Costs Budget will be allocated upon receipt. ALC can undertake the Costs Budget Negotiations and attend at the CCMC Hearing.
Electronic transfer of files:
ALC utilise Proclaim for their own Case Management and have the ability to accept files by the export facility provided by Eclipse. Files can also be sent via a secure email system.
Weekly reports and regular update meetings:
- Weekly reports are provided to our Clients to demonstrate progress on files.
- Update meetings are held with Clients to advise on retainers, file management and time recording to ensure maximum recovery.
- Precedent H
- Clinical Negligence
- Industrial Disease
- Employers Liability
- Occupiers Liability
- Public Liability
- Road Trafic Accidents
- Contested Probate
- Court of Protection
- Professional Negligence
Civil & Commercial Mediation
Maria is an Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator and has successfully passed her Costs Evaluative Mediation training.
Maria trained to be a Mediator at the London School of Mediation in 2012 and is a panel Mediator at Clerksroom Chambers and also CADR who specialise in Costs Mediation both facilitative and evaluative.
She can travel nationally and can also undertake telephone Mediations and Roundtable Meetings.
Should you wish to instruct Maria please email her at email@example.com